Thursday 18 February 2016

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Kezzy !

Hello and welcome ! Today we are welcoming Kezzy of Kezzy's Crafty Journey. Kezzy was the DT's chosen winner of the Grungy Christmas challenge and was invited to join us as Guest Designer. So let's move on to hear from Kezzy !



My name is Kerry (aka Kezzy) and I’m extremely honoured to be here today. I started crafting in 2006 and blogging in Jan 2011. I work part time as an accountant part time, I have two children 16 and 19 and I live with my partner and our dog Jasmine who is 14. Art is a huge part of my life, especially mixed media, I lurrrrrve working with paint, stamps, stencils, inks and general messiness. I taught myself to crochet two years ago and have become addicted to bright colourful yarn and love to make bright funky flowers for my art. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this project for you, which is part of my New Year’s Resolution to make 2 cards per month as I do find it difficult to make mixed media cards. I have lots more photos, plus a full step by step of how it was made on my blog.




– using dye na flow in a spray bottle, spraying water on the watercolour card first 
– with fingers smooshing some Dylusions paints onto card in areas 
– using heavy body white paint with a brayer in areas (the heavy body gives texture)
– stamping with the dylusions paint (first EEV02)





– dripping with Bombay ink and Izink adding water and moving the card around 
– using bubble wrap with white paint





– using the alphabet plastic stencils that come with mathematic sets and black spray paint
- using white paint and the crafters workshop stencil mini tiny circles and then neon paint watered down and dripped from a height with a dripper thingy


 



Using a large Dylusion stencil (flossie) and stars cut from stencil material using a Tim Holtz alterations die.  I used the mask part from each and then added black paint around them.  I then used Posca pens around the edges and then splattered with a Sharpie paint pen white.  I stamped the quote from EDY06 on white card and black ink and edged with a promarker.  I then added it all to the card blanks I made.

 Fantastic cards Kezzy ! The black background is so effective and the splattered Sharpie is just fabulous! 

There's still time to join in with the current challenge Splatter, Spritz and Smoosh and you never know you could be a Guiest Desiger too !


5 comments:

  1. Neat project Kezzy! Thanks so much for joining us as guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! Thank you so much for joining us today! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the technique, and the result is fantastic on your cards Kezzy thanks to your very beautiful background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the theme, gorgeous splattering and not one but two fabulous cards! Thanks so much for joining us. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project Kezzy ! Fabulous splattery background and a really great way of using the stencils. I reaaly must have a go at this! Thankyou for being our guest and sharing such an inspirational project ! Toni X

    ReplyDelete