Thursday 9 July 2015

Marbling with Shaving Foam

Hi, I'm Sharon and I will be showing you what Inspires me for the Inspiration Post here at Stamps And Stencils.

I have signed up for a online Art Journaling post with Valerie Sjodin a very talented lady who creates the most beautiful art journals. I haven't completed my journal yet but I am really enjoying the Marbling technique, working progress I should say!!!!

You will need a baking tray, unperformed shaving foam, window scraper and some cocktail sticks. Most of the other items you will have in your stash....


Golden Paints, kitchen roll it does get messy, shaving foam the gesso is for later. Sign up for the online course and you find out why?


Combs made from cardboard and cocktail sticks. Warning they are sharp!!!


Spray the foam into the baking tray, smooth it out as flat as possible so that when you dip the paper in  it gets an even cover.
Start adding small amount of paint. Three or four colours of your choice.



Then with the combs gently pull them through the foam. You can go both ways, try not to mix into a muddy mess.


Or as I did below, do a figure of 8 with a skewer.


Close-up of the marbling.
The golden paints colours are "Golden Green Gold, Phthalo Green and Diarylide Yellow"


This is the first tray I did, but I did not like the colours as much as the greens.
Here is the watercolour paper placed onto the foam....


Sorry the colours are not consistant but I got carried away with all the foam....
Paper before swiping with the scraper.....



Revealing  the marbling and you never know what it will be like?


Hope can see the details...


So this is the front Flap of my new Journal Book.



I hope this inspires you to have a go, it is great fun but be prepared with a dust bin bag and plenty of kitchen roll. Most of all enjoy.

Many thanks for joining us at 

Stamps and Stencils 

Sharon xx
.

11 comments:

  1. A fun technique to try, and fabulous results! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific. I love to use shaving foam but never tried this marbling technique

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Think I may need to dabble! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome results Sharon, it seems a fun technique, I will have to try this one.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really must try this one, I love the marvelling effect,unique prints everytime!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love the unpredictable results from this technique and your final piece is lovely.....gorgeous colours! I like how you can get several pulls from one lot of foam and paint/ink too! I'm intrigued to know what the Gesso is for, lol! Thanks for getting messy on our behalf Sharon ;-)

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a fun technique that I have not used for ages - I forgot how beautiful the results are - your journal flap is stunning with those beautiful greens Sharon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful results Sharon! Mine were not as pretty! "(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Sharon , I've not had a go at this but will definitely try it out. The results are so clear and detailed. Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! Thanks for tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous outcome Sharon x love the wonderful co,our combination too

    TF's Annie x

    ReplyDelete